How to Choose and Audiologist
Audiologists provide valuable services to hearing loss patients, so selecting one whom you trust and can work well with is essential. Before choosing your hearing care provider, consider these tips to help you find the best provider in your area...
Millions of Americans experience hearing loss each year. Choosing the right audiologist is an important step in learning to cope with this condition. Audiologists provide valuable services to hearing loss patients, so selecting one whom you trust and can work well with is essential. Before choosing your hearing care provider, consider these tips to help you find the best provider in your area:
- FIND THEM ONLINE: A credible provider should have a visible, and informative online presence. Try a search on your favorite search engine [Google/Bing/Yahoo] for hearing aid providers in your area using search terms like: “hearing aids near me”, “hearing care” or “audiologists in my area”. This will be a great “first step” toward feeling comfortable about your hearing care provider.
- CONSIDER THEIR CREDENTIALS: Once you’ve narrowed your search, it’s time to review their qualifications. Visit their website and see if you can uncover this information:
· How long have they been in business?
· Is their website clear and authoritative?
· What is the reputation of their doctors and staff?
· Do they carry a reputable line of products?
· Do they provide information about your hearing health that helps you feel more comfortable about the process?
· What are people saying about them on Social Media and review sites; and are they providing valuable dialogue to their friends and followers?
- ASK QUESTIONS: Finally, you’ll want to know as much as you can about the patient experience. Consider calling their office and asking about office procedures and new patient process. Ask if they are taking on new patients, and if so, what you’ll need to do to schedule an appointment…and don’t forget to ask about office hours. This also provides a great opportunity for you to find out how friendly their front office staff is – after all, you may be interacting with them on a fairly regular basis.
Try these things before you choose an audiologist for your hearing needs. We’re confident this will make your experience a good one!